This is an amazingly healthy recipe consisting of whole wheat flour, bananas and a whole lot of awesomeness with chocolate chips, which is completely optional and can be omitted or replaced with any type of berries of your choice. Not that this is a replacement for fruits, but it’s a nice way to incorporate some fruit in your little one’s diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes Serving Size: 4 (recipe yields 9 muffins)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup berries (optional) (NOTE: either add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or berries)
- 1/2 cup sugar (regular or brown)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 355 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add bananas and mash them using a fork. Add milk, oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk well. (P.S. I like to use my electric hand held mixer).
- In another bowl, mix whole wheat flower, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and/or berries.
- Pour the mixture equally into 9 muffin liners. Be sure to not fill mixture up to the brim. This allows the batter to rise while baking.
- Bake at 355 degrees F for 35 min.