Weather is starting to cool down here and what better way to enjoy this gorgeous season other than having a delicious cream of tomato soup? I haven’t always been a “soup” person, but soups are starting to grow on me. Have you ever had cream of tomato soup at the Panera Bread? This one comes pretty close to it. And guess what? It’s literally dump and go type recipe. Can’t beat 10-15 min prep time. It will probably take you longer to place an order for this at the restaurant than making it on your own. It’s so easy, yet so delicious. Give it a try!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 6-7 fresh basil chopped
- 6 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat oil. Add onion, celery, garlic, carrots, tomatoes, basil and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes (optional) and vegetable broth. Close the Instant Pot with pressure valve to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook for 8 minutes.
- Open the Instant Pot after 15 min and carefully puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Add in heavy whipping cream. Sauté for 2 min.
- Add croutons, if desired. Top with cheese, red chilli flakes and/or fresh basil (all optional). Serve with grilled cheese.