Minestrone soup is literally the first soup l have ever made and boy – does it taste good! If you have ever enjoyed minestrone soup at Olive Garden, you must give this a try. It comes pretty close to it. Using instant pot takes this to a whole new level – dump and go style! Takes 30 – 35 min from start to finish. Can’t beat that. Serve it with a garlic bread and it makes a perfect weeknight meal.
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 can of tomato sauce, 15 oz.
- 2 cups of spinach (packed)
- 1 can of black beans (14-15 oz.)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Turn on sauté mode. Add oil. Add chopped onions. Sauté for 2 min.
- Add garlic, celery, carrots and zucchini. Sauté for 1-2 min.
- Add tomato sauce, vegetable broth, beans, pasta, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Cancel Sauté mode. Turn on instant pot on “Manual” and set it for 4 minutes on high pressure. Once done, naturally release pressure after 15 min. Add spinach and let it cook for 1-2 min. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Garnish with parmesan cheese (optional) and Chili flakes and serve hot.
One thought on “Minestrone Soup in Instant Pot”